Find a Pro in Brooklyn, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What aspects should affect your choice of exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color scheme for your home, selecting an elegant color that goes with your overall design will be the ideal choice. It's somewhat affordable to boost the appearance of your home with assistance from a skilled and experienced painter. These are some of the considerations you should make when selecting a color pattern for your exterior painting project:
- Color arrangement: The colors you pick should complement the general design you're going for and the atmosphere you want to form. Make the place your own, especially for people who work from home or spend substantial time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are tasteful hues that have the tendency to give you a serene feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that stands out from the rest, oranges and yellows are bright enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a home feel more comfortable and comfortable.
What advantages come with the choice to hire a professional for exterior painting?
Recruiting an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your home will typically provide you with a high-quality outcome than you could achieve on your own. DIY jobs rarely go as planned unless you have the tools and knowledge to carry out the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of covering up mistakes, homeowners can hire an exterior painting professional to perform the project as efficiently as possible. The skill they've acquired from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the degree of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From pressure washing the siding, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you need to a painter to carry it out. With their first-rate approach and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or offering less-than-optimal results.
What measures are part of preparing a house for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides outstanding results when it's carried out with close attention to detail and sticking to high-quality standards. Professional painters are prepared with the training, tools, and strategies to do the project with outstanding workmanship. First-rate workmanship begins with taking precautions that allow the paint to stay and look great for many years. Prepare for an exterior painting project by taking these steps:
- Power wash: Removing dirt and grime provides you with a clear area to begin working on, so using pressure washing equipment is an effective way to wash it off.
- Sand away loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky pieces that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix damage on exterior siding so that you can work on a smooth surface.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it for a smooth finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to stay.
Can you offer an estimate of the cost involved in painting the exterior of a house?
The cost of exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-level home can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's a worthwhile investment for many homeowners who want to boost their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can contribute to the overall price is how skilled your painter is because it can equate to high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a local painting contractor who can assess the project and offer you a free quote for the costs you can anticipate to pay.
Search for Exterior Home Painting Companies Near Brooklyn, New York
Start looking for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and seek the assistance of companies in Brooklyn, New York. If your home needs some new paint, you can hire a professional with the skills and background to deliver excellent services. You can update your home's curb appeal with new paint that provides a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from the elements simultaneously. By seeking out a contractor to carry out the project, you're making sure the work will be of the highest quality standards.
On our all-inclusive home management platform, you can quickly browse for painters, take a look at ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can see previous exterior painting jobs to get a solid idea of their degree of expertise. Browsing through professional profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you use our free platform. It's convenient and hassle-free to use for anyone to choose the best professional for the project in their area. You can even send direct messages, receive an estimate, and schedule an appointment all on one platform.
Go over the details of the project with an exterior painter who can deliver beneficial tips and help you brainstorm an attractive color combination. Having a newly painted home can increase your property value and overall make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what a good sheen, color, and application can do to breathe some new life into a place. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with assistance from many local professionals prepared to begin the project and perform outstanding craftsmanship. Get exceptional results by using our app and reach out to a skilled exterior painting contractor to take care of the entire process with close attention to detail.