Find a pro in Cazenovia, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Cazenovia, New York. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Cazenovia, New York
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Cazenovia, New York, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.