Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Centereach, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of benefits should I look forward to when deciding to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a very beneficial home improvement project that plenty of people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a smart way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other excellent perks of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically change the style of your kitchen with relatively little work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and easy project to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the long process of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect professional outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to make sure your cabinets look as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
How do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets vary?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between them and handymen will need to understand which service you want. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the present doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has a unique approach and delivers a certain result in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How long will refinished cabinets retain their new look
One of the great things about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make the product appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the durability of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the project must be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing job could last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as opposed to buying new models?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a wide range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable project to enhance its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets may already work well with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in less disruption to your daily life in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Centereach, New York have related paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is right for you.
Employ The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Centereach, New York
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and several people in Centereach, New York have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many people are choosing to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Centereach, New York with confidence.