Find a pro in Centerville, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Centerville, NY. Storms will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Centerville, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Centerville, NY. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.