Find a Pro in Commack, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearPainting // New York // Commack
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the services of a residential painter?
Examples of the tasks an expert painter typically performs include:
- Pick Colors: In case you're struggling to pick the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your vetted expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter knows this and will take care of the prep stage before painting commences.
- Identify Damages: As your home painting service preps for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they see anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas must be remediated before painting can start, of course. Your service may then direct you towards trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: Most painting contractors are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When employing a high-quality painter, you likely don't have to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped your home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What do painting contractors generally charge by the hour?
The average painter's cost of services ranges from $22 to $43 per hour, without tax or overhead included.
Remember that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay a professional painter per hour. For that reason, it does not include the cost of insurance, tax, equipment, or any gallons of paint.
Is it a wise choice to prioritize interior painting for my home?
The short answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Increase the Value of Your Home: A professional paint job can communicate to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your home. It can also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even over listing price. Even if you are not considering selling your house in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the best returns when considering the impact on property value and appeal.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively inexpensive way to update your residence, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. If you have not painted your interior in the past few years or have boring colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of residents are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which option you pick, a fresh paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted secures your home now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with components which easily absorb moisture. Eventually, too much accumulation of moisture can lead to degraded walls which can be detrimental to your home's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health issues. Paint enables you to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your residence.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints currently are manufactured with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your household. A fresh application of paint also limits dust and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: All homes contain flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently obtain scratches, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your house over the years. Getting your home's interior painted eliminates those imperfections and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A lustrous coat of paint put on by an expert painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What is the least active time of year for painters?
One of the biggest selling points about hiring during the colder season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from doing projects, so painting companies have the availability.
As a result, it's possible they'll charge a lower rates than what they normally charge in busier times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Reliable Home Painting Contractors in Near Commack, NY
When you need a reliable house painter in Commack, NY, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your house is a great option to bring new life into your residence while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that delivers a good ROI in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted home works to enhance your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer excellent suggestions about different paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Various colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your house also offers many useful benefits for its durability. Paint works as a sealant to secure the wood from a range of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing capability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will beautify your house inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that collects all the relevant information to help you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of reputable painters in Commack, NY and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also permits you to directly communicate with expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your search for a pro who can deliver the quality services you need.