Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Congers, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish old cabinets rather than purchase new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly advantageous home improvement project that many people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a great way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other excellent advantages of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to dramatically switch up the look of your kitchen through relatively little work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and stress-free method to update their style compared to installing new ones. Since you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the chaos of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive excellent outcomes when you hire a qualified contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to ensure your cabinets appear as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
What is the difference between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are big differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand what service you need. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the existing doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features a unique approach and imparts a distinctive effect in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How long will refinished cabinets survive
One of the best benefits with wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make furniture appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, such as the durability of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the process needs to be followed up depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing job will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
How will I determine if cabinet refinishing is the best idea to bring my vision to reality?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new ones and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If protecting the environment is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable project to boost its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal disruption to your daily life compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Congers, New York have related paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, assess your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
One Site for All The Information You Need To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Congers, New York Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and several people in Congers, New York have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more people are beginning to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood products.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less disruptive to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Congers, New York confidently.