Find a Pro in Congers, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you choose the best color for exterior paint?
When you're deciding on a paint color scheme for your home, selecting a classic color that complements your overall design will be the ideal choice. It's relatively affordable to boost the appearance of your home with help from a skilled and experienced painter. These are some of the factors you should consider when picking a color pattern for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you choose should flow with the overall look you're aiming for and the ambiance you want to spend time in. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are tasteful tones that have the ability to give you a contented feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that's distinctive from the rest, yellows and oranges are bright enough to attain the desired results.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a property feel more pleasant and comfortable.
Why should you engage the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will normally provide you with a superior result than you could attain on your own. DIY jobs don't always go as you hope unless you have the tools and experience to execute the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of attempting to fix mistakes, homeowners can recruit an exterior painter to perform the job as adeptly as possible. The training they've gained from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the level of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you should hire a painter to execute it. With their high-quality process and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or offering less-than-satisfactory results.
What steps should be taken to ready a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides outstanding results when it is completed with careful attention to detail and adhering to the highest standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the skills, tools, and methods to do the job with excellent workmanship. First-rate workmanship begins with taking preliminary steps that allow the paint to stick and look great for many years. Get ready for an exterior painting job by taking these steps:
- Power wash: Removing grime and dirt gives you a clean area to work with, so using pressure washing tools is a great way to wash it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked parts that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can repair irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work on a clean finish.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it with a streamlined varnish.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to adhere.
How costly is it to undertake an exterior painting project for a home?
The cost of exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story property can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's a worthwhile investment for many homeowners who want to boost their property's curb appeal and keep it safe from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can influence the overall cost is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can equate to higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a local painting contractor who can assess the project and provide you with a free, upfront quote for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Search for Exterior House Painting Contractors in Congers, New York
Begin looking for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and hire companies in Congers, New York. If your property needs some new paint, you can find a contractor with the training and knowledge to deliver high-quality services. You can upgrade your home's design with fresh paint that also provides a strong barrier preventing damage from moisture. By hiring a painter to carry out the job, you're making sure it'll be of the highest quality standards.
On our all-inclusive home management app, you can swiftly search for professionals, take a look at ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can see previous exterior painting jobs to get a better idea of their level of expertise. Look through candidate profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you use our free platform. It's convenient and simple to use for anyone to select the most suitable candidates for the job in their area. In addition, you can send direct messages, ask for an estimate, and schedule an appointment all on one platform.
Go over the details of the project with an exterior painter who can deliver beneficial recommendations and help you brainstorm an elegant color combination. Having a newly painted home can increase your property value and generally make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's awesome what the right color, sheen, and application can do to bring some new life into a place. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with help from several local professionals ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out outstanding workmanship. Get an excellent finished product by downloading our app and reach out to a skilled painter to handle every step in the process with careful attention to detail.