Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Cortlandt Manor, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How can cabinet refinishing be advantageous?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of totally replacing them is a good practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle current furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing benefits of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple technique to change their style versus installing new ones. Since you're reusing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the chaos of having custom-made cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect excellent outcomes when you hire a qualified contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to guarantee your cabinets come out as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I've heard of refacing cabinets - is it similar to cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used together, but there are big differences between the two and handymen will need to understand which service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the present doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features its own unique approach and delivers a certain result in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many years do refinished cabinets last
One of the great advantages about wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make the product appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times one can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, such as the strength of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the service must be followed up is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing project will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as an alternative to purchasing them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce waste by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to enhance your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets may already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves less chaos to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Cortlandt Manor, NY have detailed spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this project is right for you.
One Place Containing All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Cortlandt Manor, NY Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and many people in Cortlandt Manor, NY have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many people are choosing to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood products.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Cortlandt Manor, NY with confidence.