Find a pro in Denver, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Denver, New York
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Denver, New York, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the skills and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.