Find a Pro in Dobbs Ferry, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Exterior Painting Professionals nearExterior Painting // New York // Dobbs Ferry
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you decide on the appropriate exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color scheme for your home, choosing an elegant color that goes with your overall design will be the best choice. It's somewhat affordable to enhance how your home looks with assistance from a trained and experienced painter. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when choosing a color pattern for your exterior painting job:
- Color arrangement: The colors you choose should go with the overall aesthetic you're aiming for and the atmosphere you want to create. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends substantial time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are tasteful shades that have the tendency to make you feel at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that's distinctive from the others, oranges and yellows are bold enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, neutral colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a home feel more pleasant and comfortable.
What benefits come with the decision to recruit a professional contractor for exterior painting?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will typically provide you with a superior result than you could achieve on your own. DIY projects rarely go as you hope unless you're equipped with the materials and training to carry out the job to industry standards. Instead of covering up mistakes, homeowners can recruit an exterior painting professional to perform the job as adeptly as possible. The training they've garnered from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the degree of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From pressure washing the siding, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you should a contractor to do it all. With their high-quality approach and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or delivering subpar results.
What measures are part of preparing a residential property for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides excellent results when it is carried out with careful attention to detail and according to top standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the training, materials, and strategies to conduct the job with outstanding workmanship. Superb workmanship begins with taking first steps that allow the paint to stay and look amazing for a long time. These are certain steps you should take to get ready for an exterior painting job:
- Power wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt offers you a clear area to begin working on, so using pressure washing tools is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off chipped paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked pieces that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix flaws on exterior siding so that you can work on a flat texture.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint it for a streamlined result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to allow the paint to stick.
How much does it cost to paint a home's exterior?
The cost of exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story home can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's an excellent project for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements at all times. Another factor that can add to the overall cost is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can result in higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and provide you with an accurate estimate for the costs you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Most Efficient Way to Search for Exterior Painting Contractors Near Dobbs Ferry, NY
Begin your search for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and seek the assistance of companies in Dobbs Ferry, NY. If your home needs some new paint, you can find a professional with the skills and experience to deliver high-quality services. You can improve your home's appearance with fresh paint that offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from the elements at the same time. By hiring a painter to take care of the job, you're making sure the work will be of high-quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can swiftly search for professionals, take a look at ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting projects to get a solid idea of their degree of expertise. Browsing through candidate profiles and narrowing down your search is more efficient when you use our free platform. It's convenient and simple to use for homeowners to choose the best professional for the job near them. You can also direct message contractors, request an estimate, and set up a consultation all in one place.
Discuss the details of the job with an exterior painting professional who can provide you with useful suggestions and help you brainstorm an elegant color arrangement. Painting can raise your home value and overall make it stand out in the best way. It's awesome what the right sheen, color, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from many local professionals ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out excellent craftsmanship. Get an exceptional finished product by downloading our home management platform and reach out to an experienced exterior painter to take care of every step in the process with careful attention to detail.