Find a Cabinet Refinisher in East Elmhurst, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the advantages associated with cabinet refinishing rather than buying new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that many homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a smart practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other amazing perks of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to dramatically change the look of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and hassle-free project to refresh their style compared to installing new ones. Since you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the hassle of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get excellent results when you hire a vetted contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to make sure your cabinets appear as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
What are the differences of cabinet refacing and cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between them and professional contractors will need to know which service you want. Refacing is a process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the existing doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features its own unique approach and imparts a distinctive outcome in the appearance of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times can cabinets be refinished?
One of the best advantages with wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make the product look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times you can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, including the strength of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the process needs to be followed up is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing service can last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When will cabinet refinishing be the most suitable choice for my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce waste by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves less disruption to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents in East Elmhurst, New York have communicated spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this project is right for you.
Find The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near East Elmhurst, New York
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and several homeowners in East Elmhurst, New York have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in East Elmhurst, New York with confidence.