Find a Pro in Floral Park, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Exterior Painting Professionals nearExterior Painting // New York // Floral Park
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you pick the right exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, selecting a classic color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the right choice. It's relatively inexpensive to boost how your home looks with help from a knowledgeable and equipped painter. These are some of the factors you should consider when choosing a color pattern for your exterior painting job:
- Color scheme: The colors you select should go with the general look you're going for and the atmosphere you want to create. Make the space your own, especially for people who work from home or spend a lot of time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Greens and blues are stylish hues that have the tendency to put you at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For a touch of color that's distinctive from the rest, oranges and yellows are bold enough to bring about the desired results.
- Comfort: Muted, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more pleasant and comfortable.
Why should you retain the services of an exterior painting contractor?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will typically offer you a superior outcome than you could bring about by yourself. DIY projects rarely go as planned unless you have the tools and skills to perform the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time attempting to repair mistakes, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to perform the job as skillfully as possible. The training they've acquired from their experience in the field will be reflected in the level of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From power washing the outside, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you should a painter to carry it out. With their high-quality process and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or delivering subpar results.
How do you prepare a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting delivers excellent results when it is carried out with careful attention to detail and adhering to the highest standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the skills, tools, and strategies to perform the job with exceptional workmanship. Remarkable workmanship begins with taking precautions that allow the paint to stick and look beautiful for many years. Prepare for an exterior painting job by taking these steps:
- Power wash: Removing grime and dirt provides you with a spotless area to begin working on, so using power washing equipment is a great way to wash it off.
- Sand away chipped paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked parts that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can repair irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work on a clean finish.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it for a smooth finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to allow the paint to stay.
Can you provide a quote of the expense involved in painting the exterior of a house?
The price of exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's an excellent investment for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can influence the overall price is how skilled your painter is because it can result in higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and offer you an accurate quote for the price you can expect to pay.
Compare Exterior House Painting Contractors Near Floral Park, NY
Start looking for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, so you can conveniently compare and hire companies in Floral Park, NY. If your home needs some new paint, you can recruit a professional with the qualifications and experience to deliver excellent services. You can upgrade your property's design with a fresh pop of color that offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from the elements simultaneously. By hiring a contractor to carry out the job, you're making sure it'll meet your specifications.
On our all-inclusive home management platform, you can swiftly browse for professionals, check ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting projects to gain a good idea of their level of expertise. Look through candidate profiles and easing your search is a quicker process when you use our free app. It's streamlined and easy to use for homeowners to find the best contractor for the job in their area. Additionally, you can send direct messages, ask for a quote, and book an appointment all on one platform.
Review the details of the job with an exterior painting contractor who can offer you useful tips and help you brainstorm a beautiful color scheme. Painting projects can boost your property value and overall make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's awesome what a good sheen, color, and application can do to add some new life into a space. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with help from several local contractors ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver excellent craftsmanship. Get an exceptional finished product by downloading our home management platform and reach out to an experienced exterior painting contractor to take care of every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.