Find a pro in Genoa, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // New York // Genoa
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Genoa, NY
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Genoa, NY, there's no better way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.