Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Glenwood Landing, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish old cabinets instead of install new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement task that plenty of people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a great practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other excellent benefits of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and simple method to refresh their style versus installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the trouble of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality results when you allow a vetted contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets appear as you wished, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
How do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used together, but there are big differences between them and handymen will need to know which service you need. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the current doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features its own unique approach and offers a certain outcome in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
What is the recommended amount of times I should refinish cabinets
One of the best advantages with wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make furniture look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the service needs to be followed up depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing project can last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a wise investment in my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than buying new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a large variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive project to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal chaos to your home in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents of Glenwood Landing, New York have reported paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this project is right for you.
One Site With All The Information Necessary To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher Near Glenwood Landing, New York Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and several people in Glenwood Landing, New York have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more people are choosing to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Glenwood Landing, New York with confidence.