Find a pro in Groveland, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Groveland, New York. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Groveland, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Groveland, New York. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.