Find a pro in Hannacroix, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Hannacroix, NY
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Hannacroix, NY. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.