Find a pro in Holtsville, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Holtsville, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Holtsville, NY. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.