Find a Pro in Irving, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is interior painting a good idea?
The short answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Appeal of Your Residence: A good paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your home. It can also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even above its listing price. Even if you are not contemplating listing your house in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the best returns when considering the effect on home value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical way to update your residence, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. If you have not painted your home recently or have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the color scheme you go with, the right paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted secures your home now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are made of components that easily retain moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture can result in degraded walls which can be detrimental to your house's structural integrity. Water within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health risks. Paint is designed to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints currently are made with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the ideal option for your household. A fresh coat of paint also limits dirt and other toxins to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Great: Most houses harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls often show scratches, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your house over time. Having your home's interior painted removes most imperfections and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color applied to your interior can also modernize your residence.
What is the least active season for painters?
One of the biggest advantages to hiring during the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painting contractors have the availability.
As a result, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they typically do in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I think about repainting my house's exterior?
Chipped and cracked paint are some evident things to watch out for, but there are also some less evident things that can create issues too. Painting an exterior is a pretty big project, so it's never a bad idea to hire painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set timeline for a new coat, since every house is different. Most professionals say that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years, depending on factors such as where you live, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
If you've recently purchased a house, you might not have information when its most recent paint job was done. It's always recommended to try and find out, since having in-depth information about the paint job can make a big difference. The kind of paint used, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all impact its durability. It's also helpful to know the season in which it was painted, since whether your residence was painted on a sunny or overcast day can affect how well the paint dries.
What all will a house painter do?
Examples of the tasks a professional painter generally conducts include:
- Pick Colors: In case you're struggling to identify the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. This can save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your certified expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a harder time sticking to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and can take care of this prep work before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your home painting service preps for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for issues. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they see things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas need to be fixed before the project can start, of course. Your professional may then recommend reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Most painters are proficient at carrying out such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When employing a vetted painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, checked for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Vetted Home Painting Contractors Serving in Irving, NY
When you require a reliable house painter in Irving, NY, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a smart choice to breathe new life into your property while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that gives a good ROI in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted home can improve your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or offer excellent recommendations about different paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and interior of your house also features many useful benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a host of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing capability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will refresh the appearance of your house inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple tool that organizes all the necessary information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of vetted painters in Irving, NY and nearby areas based on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly communicate with professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for the pro who can deliver the quality services you deserve.