Find a Pro in Irvington, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What's the common per hour fee for painters?
Normally, a painter's price on labor ranges from $22-$43 an hour, and that doesn't include materials or tax.
Be mindful that this average is for the labor of painting services to pay a professional painter per hour. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that cost.
Does interior painting give an adequate return on investment?
The short answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Value of Your Residence: A professional paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. Interior painting will also help sell a house that's on the market quicker, even above its listing price. Even if you are not contemplating listing your house in the near future, a good interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement investment with one of the highest ROIs when considering the effect on home value and appeal.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively affordable project to update your residence, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. If you haven't painted your interior recently or have older colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at peace. Also, growing numbers of people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what option you select, a new paint color will help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted protects your property now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are made of components that naturally retain moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture will result in compromised walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Water behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health concerns. Paint is designed to keep moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your residence.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints these days are made with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the ideal option for your interior. A new coat of paint also keeps dust and other allergens to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Amazing: All houses harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls often have scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your house over the years. Having your house's interior painted removes those cosmetic issues and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A new coat of paint put on by a vetted painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What is the slowest time of year for painting contractors?
A major benefit to hiring within the winter months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
As a result, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they typically do in busier times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
What does it typically cost in labor to paint the interior of a residence?
The cost to paint the inside of your house depends on the dimensions of the area. One 300-square-foot room will be much more economical than the entire residence, especially a big residence.
On average, expect to spend between $3 and $7 per square foot when hiring a nearby professional to paint the inside of your house. You'll spend less if you paint the space on your own or live in an area with low labor rates. However, some factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need structural repair, or want accent walls.
Professional Residential Painting Contractors Near in Irvington, NY
When you're looking for a dependable residential painter in Irvington, NY, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and needs. Painting your home is a smart option to breathe new life into your property while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that delivers a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted house can improve your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer excellent recommendations about various paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also offers many useful advantages for its durability. Paint works as a sealant to protect surfaces from a range of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your house inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that compiles all the important information to let you find the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of vetted painters in Irvington, NY and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also permits you to directly communicate with professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for the pro who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.