Find a pro in Jordan, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Jordan, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Jordan, New York. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Jordan, New York. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.