Find a Pro in Keene, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you decide on the best color for exterior paint?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home's exterior, choosing a classic color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the right choice. It's somewhat inexpensive to boost the appearance of your home with help from a trained and equipped painter. These are some of the factors you should think about when picking a color for your exterior painting job:
- Color scheme: The colors you pick should complement the general design you're aiming for and the ambiance you want to create. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are elegant tones that have the ability to put you at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that sticks out from the rest, oranges and yellows are bright enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a property feel more cozy and content.
Why should you retain the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Recruiting an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your property will normally give you a superior outcome than you could achieve on your own. DIY jobs rarely go as planned unless you're equipped with the materials and experience to execute the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of covering up mistakes, homeowners can turn to an exterior painting professional to carry out the project as adeptly as possible. The skill they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the level of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From pressure washing the siding, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you need to hire a painter to do it all. With their superior practices and guaranteed work, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or offering subpar results.
How do you go about prepping a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides the best results when it is carried out with close attention to detail and according to the highest standards. Professional painters are equipped with the skills, materials, and methods to conduct the project with exceptional craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship begins with taking first steps that allow the paint to stay and look beautiful for a long time. Prepare for an exterior painting project by taking the following steps:
- Pressure wash: Removing grime and dirt gives you a clean area to begin working on, so using pressure washing tools is an effective way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off chipped paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky pieces that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can take care of flaws on exterior siding so that you can work with a flat surface.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on trim and windows to then paint it for a sleek result.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to allow the paint to stick.
What is the expense associated with painting the exterior of a home?
The price of exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level property can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level property. It's an excellent home improvement for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can add to the overall cost is how experienced your painter is because it can equate to higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and give you a free estimate for the costs you can anticipate to pay.
Compare and Hire Exterior Home Painting Services in Keene, New York
Begin browsing for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and seek the assistance of companies in Keene, New York. If your property needs some new paint, you can find a professional with the training and experience to provide excellent services. You can update your property's curb appeal with a new pop of color that provides a durable barrier preventing damage from the elements simultaneously. By seeking out a contractor to take care of the project, you're ensuring it will be of high-quality standards.
On our full-scope home management app, you can quickly browse for professionals, take a look at ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can see pictures from previous exterior painting jobs to gain an understanding of what they can offer. Browsing through candidate profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you download our free app. It's convenient and easy to use for homeowners to choose the most qualified professional for the project near them. You can even direct message professional painters, ask for an estimate, and set up a consultation all in one app.
Go over the project details with an exterior painter who can give you beneficial tips and help you brainstorm an elegant color arrangement. Having a freshly painted home can boost your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what the right color, sheen, and application can do to breathe some new life into a space. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with help from many local professionals prepared to roll up their sleeves and carry out outstanding work. Get an exceptional finished product by downloading our home management platform and reach out to an experienced exterior painting contractor to handle the entire process with close attention to detail.