Find a pro in Lancaster, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Lancaster, NY. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Lancaster, NY
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Lancaster, NY. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.