Find a Pro in Lansing, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What does it typically cost in labor to paint the interior of a residence?
The cost to paint the inside of your home depends on the square footage of the room. A single 300-square-foot space will be much more low-cost than the entire residence, especially a larger home.
On average, expect to pay between $3 to $7 per square foot when contracting a nearby painter to paint the inside of your home. You'll pay less if you paint the space on your own or live in an area with low labor costs. However, some factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need structural repair, or want accent walls.
At what frequency should I arrange to paint the outside of my home?
Cracked and chipped paint are some obvious things to keep an eye on; however, there are also some less obvious things that can cause problems as well. Exterior painting can be an extensive job, so it's always a good idea to book expert painters.
What makes this hard for people is there is no set deadline for a new coat, because every property is different. Most experts express that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years, depending on factors such as where you're located, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
If you've recently bought a new home, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's always recommended to try and find out, because possessing in-depth information about the paint job can be critical. The type of paint used, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color chosen can all impact its durability. It's also beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the residence was painted on a sunny or overcast day can change how well the paint dried.
What services fall within the domain of a residential painter?
Examples of the services a professional painter typically conducts include:
- Advise the Best Colors: When struggling to find the ideal colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your certified professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter knows this and will take care of this prep stage before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painter prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they discover things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces must be fixed before the project can start, of course. Your painter might then direct you towards trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Repairs: Most painting contractors are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By hiring a vetted painter, you likely won't have to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the usual per hour price for painters?
The average painting contractor's cost of labor ranges from $22-$43 an hour, and that excludes taxes or overhead.
Be mindful that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist per hour. Insurance, tax, tools, or the paint itself is not added in that cost.
Hire a Qualified House Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces in in Lansing, New York
When you need a reliable residential painter in Lansing, New York, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent choice to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that gives a big ROI in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted home works to improve your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or make great recommendations about different paint brands and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors can even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your home also provides plenty of useful benefits for its durability. Paint acts as a sealant to secure surfaces from a variety of issues caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will beautify your property inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use site that brings together all the important information to let you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of reputable painters in Lansing, New York and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also permits you to directly contact expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your search for a pro who can deliver the quality services you need.