Find a pro in Latham, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Latham, New York. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Latham, New York
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Latham, New York. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in Latham, New York. Find the perfect contractor for your property today.