Find a pro in Lawtons, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Lawtons, New York. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Lawtons, New York
If you need roofing maintenance services in Lawtons, New York, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to find the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.