Find a Pro in Lexington, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearPainting // New York // Lexington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is interior painting worth it?
Almost always the answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Value of Your House: A good paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. Interior painting can also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even above its listing price. Even if you are not planning on listing your house in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement project with one of the best returns when considering the impact on property value and buyer interest.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively affordable way to update your home, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. If you haven't painted your house in the past few years and have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many residents are working at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what option you go with, the right paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted protects your house now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are constructed of materials that naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, enough absorption can lead to compromised walls which can be dangerous to your house's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health concerns. Paint enables you to keep water from getting into the porous walls of your residence.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints these days are made with low or zero VOCs. If you or your family suffer from allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the best choice for your interior. A new application of paint also keeps dirt and other pollutants to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Great: All homes have flaws and blemishes. Walls often feature dents, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your house over the years. Getting your house's interior painted hides all imperfections and can make your room look updated and clean. A fresh coat of paint put on by a vetted contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What's the period of minimum business for painters?
One of the biggest advantages to scheduling during the colder months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painting professionals have the availability.
Accordingly, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they typically do in busier seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
How frequently should I think about repainting my house's exterior?
There are a few glaring things to look out for, like chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less evident things that can create problems too. Painting an exterior is a pretty big project, so it's always a good idea to hire painting specialists.
Because every home is different, there is no set deadline to repaint, which makes this more difficult for people. Most professionals say that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years, based on other variables such as where you're located, weather, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, you may be uncertain about the last time it was painted. It's always recommended to try to find out, because possessing in-depth information about the paint job can make a big difference. The variety of paint utilized, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all affect its longevity. It may be useful to know the season in which it was painted, because whether your house was painted on a bright or overcast day can affect how well the paint dried.
What are the duties of a residential painter?
Here is what an expert painter can assist with:
- Advise the Best Colors: When struggling to select the ideal colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your vetted painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a harder time sticking to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter knows this and can take care of the prep work before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painting service prepares for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they see things like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces must be addressed before the project can begin, of course. Your service could then recommend trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Do Repairs: Most painting contractors are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When enlisting an expert painter, you likely don't have to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped your home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Hire a Professional Residential Painter To Update Your Living Spaces in in Lexington, NY
When you're looking for a dependable residential painter near Lexington, NY, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your house is a smart choice to bring new life into your residence while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that gives a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a newly painted house works to boost your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or offer great suggestions about different paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also gives several practical advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a sealant to protect surfaces from a range of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing function of a good paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your property inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use tool that compiles all the important information to let you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of reputable painters in Lexington, NY and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also permits you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who can deliver the quality and value you need.