Find a pro in Lindenhurst, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // New York // Lindenhurst
Roofing Maintenance Services near Lindenhurst, NY
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Lindenhurst, NY. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient solution to hire the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.