Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Lisle, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish used cabinets rather than purchase new models?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that many people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of totally replacing them is a good way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great benefits of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the look of your kitchen with relatively little work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and stress-free technique to update their style versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the trouble of having custom-made cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive high-quality results when you hire an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to make sure your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Is there a difference between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between them and handymen will need to understand which service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the present doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has a unique approach and imparts a distinctive effect in the appearance of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often can cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the best things about wood is that it can be refinished many times to make the product look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times one can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service must be followed up is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing job could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as opposed to installing them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than installing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already work great with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal chaos to your home in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Lisle, New York have communicated spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this project is right for you.
Employ The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Lisle, New York
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the look of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and many people in Lisle, New York have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more people are starting to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less disruptive to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and expertise through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Lisle, New York with confidence.