Find a Pro in Long Island City, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearPainting // New York // Long Island City
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
How much is the usual hourly rate charged by painters?
Typically, a painter's cost of services varies from $22-$43 an hour, and that excludes materials or tax.
Take into account that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter hourly. That's only for the work being done. Insurance, taxes, tools, or the paint itself is not reflected in that cost.
Does interior painting give a worthwhile return on investment?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting services:
- Boost the Value of Your House: A professional paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your property. It can also help sell a residence that's on the market faster, even above its listing price. Even if you are not considering listing your residence in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your property that truly pays off.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical way to update your residence, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your house recently and have boring colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the option you select, the right paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted protects your property now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are constructed of components which easily absorb moisture. Eventually, too much accumulation of moisture can result in compromised walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Water behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health issues. Paint works to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints now are made with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your family have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal option for your home. A new application of paint also limits dust and other toxins to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: All homes contain flaws and blemishes. Walls often have dents, dings, and marks from the use of your residence over time. Getting your house's interior painted eliminates most imperfections and can make your room look updated and clean. A fresh coat of paint put on by a vetted contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What is the least active season for painters?
A major selling point about scheduling within the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painters are more readily available.
For that reason, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they normally do in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
What is the average price for labor when painting a residence's interior?
The cost to paint the inside of your residence is dependant on the square footage of the room. A single 300-square-foot space will be much more economical than the entire home, especially a spacious residence.
You can expect to spend around $3 to $7 per square foot when enlisting a nearby painter to paint the inside of your residence. You'll spend less if you paint the space yourself or live in a location with low labor rates. However, other factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend upwards of $8 per square foot or higher if you have tall ceilings, need structural repair, or want accent walls.
Discover an Experienced Residential Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces Near Near Long Island City, New York
When you're searching for a reliable house painter in Long Island City, New York, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your house is a great option to bring new life into your property while also significantly increasing its value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that gives a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted house works to enhance your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or make excellent recommendations about different paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your residence also features plenty of practical benefits for its structural integrity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a range of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will beautify your house inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use platform that organizes all the relevant information to help you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of professional painters in Long Island City, New York and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also enables you to directly communicate with professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for a pro who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.