Find a Pro in Mount Vernon, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What kind of services can a residential painter provide?
Here is what an expert painter can assist with:
- Choose Colors: If you're struggling to find the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your vetted painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and will handle the prep work before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painting service prepares for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they notice anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These damages need to be addressed before the project can commence, of course. Your professional could then suggest other reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Conduct Repairs: The best painting contractors are proficient at carrying out such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When hiring a vetted painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much is the typical per hour rate for painters?
The average painting contractor's cost of labor ranges between $22-$43 an hour, and that excludes taxes or overhead.
Remember that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist per hour. For that reason, it does not include the cost of insurance, taxes, equipment, or any gallons of paint.
Is interior painting worth it?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting services:
- Increase the Value of Your House: A good paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your property. Interior painting can also help sell a house that's on the market faster, even above its listing price. Even if you are not considering selling your house in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your property that truly pays for itself.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical project to update your house, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy place. Assuming you haven't painted your interior in the past few years or have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at rest. Also, many residents are working at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the color scheme you select, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted safeguards your residence now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are manufactured with components which easily retain moisture. Over time, enough absorption can lead to degraded walls which can be detrimental to your house's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health dangers. Paint is designed to keep moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Improve Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints now are made with low or zero VOCs. If you or your family have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the perfect option for your household. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: Most homes have flaws and blemishes. Walls often feature scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your house over the years. Getting your home's interior painted eliminates all cosmetic issues and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A new coat of paint put on by an expert contractor will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
When will painters receive the slowest business season?
A major selling point about booking within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painters are more readily available.
Accordingly, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they normally charge in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Dependable Residential Painting Contractors Near Near Mount Vernon, New York
When you're looking for a good house painter in Mount Vernon, New York, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a smart choice to breathe new life into your property while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that provides a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted home can elevate your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or make excellent recommendations about different paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Various colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also offers many useful benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to secure the wood from a variety of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will beautify your property inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use tool that organizes all the relevant information to let you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of reputable painters in Mount Vernon, New York and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also permits you to directly contact professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for the pro who can deliver the quality services you deserve.