Find a Pro in Rochester, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What considerations are important when selecting the exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color for your home, selecting a classic color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the best choice. It's fairly inexpensive to improve the appearance of your home with help from a trained and equipped painter. These are some of the factors you should think about when choosing a color pattern for your exterior painting job:
- Color arrangement: The colors you choose should complement the general design you're going for and the atmosphere you want to spend time in. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are elegant hues that have the tendency to put you at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that's distinctive from the rest, oranges and yellows are bright enough to attain the desired results.
- Comfort: Toned down, versatile colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a property feel more comfortable and comfortable.
How can recruiting an exterior painting contractor improve your project?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will typically provide you with a high-quality result than you could bring about by yourself. DIY jobs don't always go as planned unless you're equipped with the tools and experience to perform the project to industry standards. Instead of spending time attempting to repair mistakes, homeowners can hire an exterior painting contractor to carry out the project as adeptly as possible. The training they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the level of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the siding, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you need to a painter to do it all. With their first-rate process and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or offering subpar results.
How can you get your home prepared for an exterior painting project?
Exterior painting delivers excellent results when it's done with close attention to detail and adhering to high-quality standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the training, tools, and methods to do the project with excellent craftsmanship. Remarkable craftsmanship begins with taking precautions that let the paint adhere and look beautiful for many years. These are certain steps you need to take to get ready for an exterior painting project:
- Power wash: Removing grime and dirt provides you with a clean area to begin working on, so using pressure washing tools is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Sand away chipped paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky pieces that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix flaws on exterior siding so that you can work on a smooth surface.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on windows and trim to then paint it with a smooth varnish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to let the paint stick.
What's the normal budget for painting a home's exterior?
The cost of exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story property can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's a great project for many homeowners who want to boost their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements at all times. Other criteria that can influence the overall cost is how experienced your painter is because it can mean high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and offer you an accurate quote for the costs you can anticipate to pay.
Search for Exterior House Painting Services Near Rochester, New York
Begin browsing for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and hire companies in Rochester, New York. If your property needs a new coat of paint, you can recruit a contractor with the skills and background to offer excellent services. You can upgrade your home's curb appeal with fresh paint that provides a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from the elements simultaneously. By recruiting a painter to carry out the project, you're ensuring it will be of the highest quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can swiftly browse for painters, take a look at ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can take a look at previous exterior painting jobs to get a better idea of what they can offer. Browsing through contractor profiles and narrowing down your search is more efficient when you download our free platform. It's streamlined and hassle-free to use for homeowners to pick the most suitable candidates for the project in their area. Additionally, you can send direct messages, request a quote, and schedule a consultation all on one platform.
Discuss the details of the job with an exterior painting contractor who can deliver beneficial recommendations and help you come up with an attractive color scheme. Having a newly painted home can boost your property value and essentially make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's incredible what the right color, sheen, and application can do to breathe some new life into a space. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with help from several local professionals prepared to roll up their sleeves and perform excellent craftsmanship. Get exceptional results by downloading our app and reach out to a skilled professional to take care of the entire process with close attention to detail.