Find a Pro in Rome, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the expected cost of labor when painting a home's interior?
The cost to paint the inside of your home depends on the overall size of the area. One 300-square-foot room will be much more affordable than the entire home, especially a big residence.
You should expect to spend around $3 and $7 per square foot when contracting a nearby painter to paint the inside of your home. You'll spend less if you paint the interior yourself or reside in a location with low labor costs. However, some factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend up to $8 per square foot or higher if you have tall ceilings, need wall repair, or want accent walls.
How often should I paint the exterior of my home?
There are some obvious things to look out for, like chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less evident things that can cause problems too. Exterior painting can be a big job, so it's always a good idea to hire painting specialists.
Since every property is different, there is no set deadline to apply another coat, which makes this more difficult for people. Most experts express that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years, depending on factors like where you're located, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
If you've recently purchased a house, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's highly advisable to try to find out, since having in-depth information about the paint job will be critical. The kind of paint used, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color chosen can all impact its durability. It may be beneficial to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether the home was painted on a sunny or overcast day can impact how well the paint dried.
What all will a residential painter do?
Here is what a professional painter will assist with:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to pick the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. This can save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your hired expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and can take care of the prep stage before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painting service preps for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they discover things like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas need to be fixed before the project can begin, of course. Your painter might then suggest other reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Expert painters are proficient at carrying out such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By hiring an expert painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What is the usual per hour rate for painters?
Typically, a painting contractor's price on labor ranges from $22-$43 an hour, and that excludes materials or tax.
Remember that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist per hour. Accordingly, that price does not reflect the cost of insurance, taxes, tools, or the paint itself.
Expert House Painters in Near Rome, New York
When you need a good house painter in Rome, New York, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent option to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that gives a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted house can improve your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or offer excellent suggestions about different paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors will even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your home also supplies many practical advantages for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a variety of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading causes of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a convenient site that compiles all the important information to help you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of reputable painters in Rome, New York and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for a pro who will deliver the quality services you deserve.