Find a Pro in Barberton, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the services I can expect my residential painting contractor to give?
Here is what an expert painter can help with:
- Choose Colors: When struggling to select the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This can save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your hired professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and can take care of the prep stage before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painting service prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they see anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces must be addressed before the project can start, of course. Your service could then recommend dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Professional painters are proficient at conducting such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By hiring an expert painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much is the usual hourly rate charged by painters?
The average painter's price on services varies from $22-$43 an hour, without tax or product included.
Take into account that this average is for the labor of painting services to pay an expert painter hourly. For that reason, it does not include the addition of insurance, tax, tools, or the paint itself.
What are some advantages of choosing interior painting?
The short answer will be yes, and these are other valuable advantages to be had from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Value of Your Home: A great paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your home. Interior painting can also help sell a residence that's on the market faster, even above its asking price. Even if you are not considering selling your residence in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your home that truly pays off.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively affordable way to update your house, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your interior recently or have boring colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many residents are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the option you select, a new paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted safeguards your residence now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with materials which naturally absorb moisture. Over time, too much absorption can result in degraded walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health concerns. Paint enables you to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints now are made with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family have allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your home. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dust and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: All homes have flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently show scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your residence over the years. Having your home's interior painted removes those imperfections and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by a vetted contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
During what season of the year are painters usually less occupied?
A major selling point about hiring during the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painters have more open spots in their schedules.
Therefore, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they normally charge in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are booked around the clock for months on end.
Find a Qualified Residential Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces Near Near Barberton, Ohio
When you require a reliable house painter near Barberton, Ohio, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent option to bring new life into your property while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that provides a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home works to elevate your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or offer excellent suggestions about various paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors can even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your residence also provides several useful advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a sealant to secure surfaces from a range of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will refresh the appearance of your house inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a simple platform that organizes all the necessary information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of reputable painters in Barberton, Ohio and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly message professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for the contractor who can deliver the quality services you need.