Find a Pro in Newark, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is it a smart idea to prioritize interior painting for my house?
Almost always the answer is yes, and these are benefits from interior painting services:
- Raise the Value of Your Residence: A great paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your home. Interior painting will also help sell a house that's on the market quicker, even above its listing price. Even if you are not contemplating listing your house in the near future, a good interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your home that really pays off.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical project to update your house, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. If you have not painted your interior recently and have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at rest. Also, many people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what color scheme you pick, a new paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted strengthens your house now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are made of materials which naturally retain moisture. Over time, too much absorption will lead to compromised walls which can be detrimental to your property's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health concerns. Paint works to keep water from getting through the porous walls of your home.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints now are manufactured with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the best choice for your home. A new coat of paint also keeps dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Amazing: All residences have flaws and blemishes. Walls often have scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your house over time. Getting your home's interior painted removes all imperfections and will make your room look updated and clean. A new coat of paint put on by a vetted contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
What's the season of lowest business for painters?
A major benefit to hiring during the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do home improvement projects, so professional painters have the availability.
Therefore, it's possible they'll decrease their rates than what they typically do in busier seasons like summer. This is when most painters are booked around the clock for months on end.
How often should I paint the outside of my house?
There are some glaring things to look out for, such as cracking and chipping paint, but there are also some less obvious things that can cause problems as well. Painting an exterior can be a big job, so it's always a good idea to book expert painters.
Unfortunately, there is no set deadline for a new coat, since every property differs from the other. Most experts express that you'll need to paint every five to ten years. This will be determined by factors such as where you live, weather, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, you may be uncertain about when it was last painted. It's always recommended to try to find out, since possessing detailed information about the paint job will be critical. The type of paint used, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color used can all impact its lifespan. It could be helpful to know the season in which it was painted, since whether the residence was painted on a bright or overcast day can impact how well the paint dried.
What are the duties of a residential painter?
Examples of the tasks a vetted painter usually conducts include:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to find the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. This can save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your hired painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and can take care of the prep work before painting starts.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painter prepares for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they find anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces must be remediated before painting can start, of course. Your painter may then recommend reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: Experienced painters are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When employing a high-quality painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, checked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Vetted House Painting Contractors Near in Newark, OH
When you want a good house painter near Newark, OH, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a smart way to breathe new life into your property while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that delivers a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted home works to improve your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer excellent suggestions about various paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors will even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your house also offers plenty of practical advantages for its structural integrity. Paint works as a sealant to protect surfaces from a variety of problems caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing function of a good paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will beautify your property inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly site that brings together all the important information to help you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of reputable painters in Newark, OH and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also permits you to directly message expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your search for the pro who will deliver the quality and value you need.