Find a Pro in Shaker Heights, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the usual price for labor when painting a home's interior?
The cost to paint the inside of your home depends on the dimensions of the area. A single 300-square-foot area will be much more affordable than an entire home, especially a spacious home.
On average, expect to pay around $3 and $7 per square foot when hiring a local professional to paint the inside of your home. You'll pay less if you paint the interior on your own or live in a region with low labor costs. However, certain factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend up to $8 per square foot or more if you have high ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
How frequently should I consider repainting my home's exterior?
There are some obvious things to keep an eye out for, such as chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less evident things that can create problems as well. Painting an exterior can be a big job, so it's always a good idea to book professional painters.
What can make this difficult is there is no set deadline to repaint, since every property is different. A lot of professionals express that you'll need to paint approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables like where you're located, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's a good idea to try to find out, since possessing detailed information about the paint job will make a big difference. The kind of paint used, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color used can all impact its longevity. It's also helpful to know the season in which it was painted, since whether your home was painted on a sunny or overcast day can impact how well the paint dries.
What are examples of services I can expect my residential painting contractor to provide?
Here are examples of what a professional painter will help with:
- Advise the Best Colors: When struggling to pick the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. This can save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your certified painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter knows this and can take care of this prep stage before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your home painter preps for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they notice anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas need to be fixed before the project can start, of course. Your painter may then recommend reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Professional painting contractors are proficient at conducting such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By hiring a vetted painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the going rate per hour for most painters?
The average painter's cost of services ranges between $22 to $43 per hour, and that doesn't include taxes or overhead.
Bear in mind that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist per hour. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or the paint itself is not reflected in that cost.
Vetted Residential Painters Serving Near Shaker Heights, OH
When you want a dependable residential painter near Shaker Heights, OH, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent choice to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that gives a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a newly painted house can elevate your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or offer excellent suggestions about various paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors will even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your home also offers plenty of practical advantages for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a variety of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that organizes all the necessary information to let you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of professional painters in Shaker Heights, OH and nearby areas based on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also enables you to directly communicate with professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for the contractor who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.