Find a Pro in Afton, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What considerations are essential when selecting the exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, selecting a classic color that goes with your overall design will be the best choice. It's somewhat affordable to enhance the appearance of your home with assistance from a skilled and equipped painting contractor. These are some of the factors you should consider when deciding on a color pattern for your exterior painting job:
- Color arrangement: The colors you select should complement the general look you're going for and the atmosphere you want to create. Make the space your own, especially for people who work from home or spend considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are stylish tones that have the ability to make you feel at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that sticks out from the others, oranges and yellows are bright enough to attain the desired results.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a property feel more pleasant and comfortable.
Why should you recruit an exterior painting contractor?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will typically offer you a high-quality result than you could achieve by yourself. DIY jobs rarely go as you hope unless you have the materials and experience to execute the project to industry standards. Instead of attempting to repair mistakes, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to carry out the project as skillfully as possible. The skill they've garnered from their experience in the field will be reflected in the degree of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From power washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you should hire a painter to do it all. With their high-quality approach and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or offering subpar results.
How can you get your home prepared for an exterior painting project?
Exterior painting delivers the best results when it is completed with close attention to detail and adhering to high-quality standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the training, materials, and techniques to perform the project with exceptional workmanship. First-rate workmanship begins with taking precautions that let the paint stick and look great for many years. These are some of the steps you should take to get ready for an exterior painting project:
- Power wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt provides you with a clear area to work with, so using power washing equipment is a productive way to wash it off.
- Sand away loose paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove cracked or flaky parts that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can fix damage on exterior of your home so that you can work with a smooth finish.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it with a sleek finish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to let the paint stay.
How much does an exterior painting project cost for a home?
The price of exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story property can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's an excellent project for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can influence the overall price is how experienced your painter is because it can equate to high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can discuss the project and offer you an accurate estimate for the price you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Best Way to Search for Exterior Painting Companies Near Afton, Oklahoma
Start browsing for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can conveniently compare and seek the assistance of companies in Afton, Oklahoma. If your property needs some new paint, you can hire a professional with the qualifications and background to deliver excellent services. You can improve your property's appearance with fresh paint that offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from moisture at the same time. By hiring a contractor to handle the project, you're ensuring it will be of high-quality standards.
On our all-inclusive home management platform, you can swiftly browse for painters, take a look at ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can see other exterior painting jobs to gain an understanding of their degree of expertise. Look through contractor profiles and simplifying your search is a quicker process when you use our free app. It's systematic and hassle-free to use for homeowners to select the best professional for the project in their area. Additionally, you can send direct messages, request an estimate, and schedule an appointment all in one app.
Review the details of the job with an exterior painter who can provide you with beneficial tips and help you come up with a beautiful color combination. Painting projects can boost your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what the right color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from several local contractors ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out exceptional workmanship. Get an outstanding finished product by using our home management platform and get in touch with an experienced painter to take care of every step in the process with close attention to detail.