Find a Pro in Afton, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
How much is the typical hourly rate charged by painters?
The average painting contractor's price on services ranges from $22 to $43 per hour, and that excludes materials or tax.
Be mindful that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter hourly. Therefore, that price does not reflect the addition of insurance, tax, tools, or the paint itself.
Can interior painting provide a good return on investment?
Almost always the answer is yes, and these are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Value of Your House: A professional paint job will display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. Interior painting will also help sell a residence that's on the market quicker, even over asking price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your residence in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement project with one of the highest returns when considering the impact on home value and buyer interest.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical way to update your residence, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. If you have not painted your interior recently and have boring colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at peace. Also, growing numbers of residents are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which option you go with, the right paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted protects your property now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with components which easily absorb moisture. Over time, too much absorption will lead to degraded walls which can be dangerous to your home's structural integrity. Water inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health issues. Paint is designed to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints now are manufactured with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great option for your household. A new coat of paint also keeps dust and other particles to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Amazing: Most houses harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently obtain scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your residence over time. Getting your home's interior painted covers those cosmetic issues and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A new paint color for your interior will also modernize your living space.
What is the least busy season for painters?
One of the biggest advantages to hiring within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing projects, so professional painters have the availability.
For that reason, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they normally charge in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are booked around the clock for months on end.
What is the average expense for labor while painting the inside of a residence?
The price to paint the interior of your residence depends on the overall size of the area. A single 300-square-foot space will be much more low-cost than the entire house, especially a big residence.
On average, expect to pay between $3 to $7 per square foot when contracting a nearby painter to paint the interior of your residence. You'll pay less if you paint the space yourself or live in an area with low labor rates. However, other factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend up to $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need wall repair, or want accent walls.
Expert Home Painting Contractors Serving Near Afton, OK
When you want a dependable house painter in Afton, OK, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your house is a smart option to bring new life into your residence while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that delivers a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted home works to elevate your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or make excellent recommendations about different paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors will even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your residence also offers plenty of useful benefits for its structural integrity. Paint works as a sealant to protect surfaces from a host of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that collects all the necessary information to let you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of vetted painters in Afton, OK and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also allows you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for a pro who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.