Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Antlers, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Oklahoma // Antlers
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish old cabinets rather than buy new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a smart way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other excellent benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to dramatically switch up the style of your kitchen through relatively little work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and stress-free method to change their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the hassle of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect high-quality results when you hire an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets appear as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
In what aspects do cabinet refacing and refinishing them differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used together, but there are distinct differences between them and handymen will need to know what service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the existing doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and delivers a distinctive outcome in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times should cabinets be refinished?
One of the best advantages about wood is that it can be refinished many times to make furniture look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times one can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the durability of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service must be followed up depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing job could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as opposed to purchasing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new ones and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce waste by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a huge variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets may already work great with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less disruption to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
People in Antlers, OK have reported paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
Discover a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Antlers, OK
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many people in Antlers, OK have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more people are choosing to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less disruptive to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Antlers, OK confidently.