Find a Pro in Bixby, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is investing in interior painting a wise choice?
The short answer is yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting services:
- Boost the Value of Your Home: A good paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. Interior painting will also help sell a house that's on the market faster, even above its asking price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your house in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement project with one of the best ROIs when considering the effect on property value and buyer interest.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical project to update your home, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your home in the past few years and have older colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, many people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which option you pick, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted strengthens your residence now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are made of materials that naturally retain moisture. Over time, too much absorption will lead to degraded walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health issues. Paint works to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints currently are manufactured with low or zero volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal option for your property. A fresh coat of paint also limits dirt and other particles to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: All houses contain flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently show dents, dings, and markings from the use of your house over time. Getting your house's interior painted covers all cosmetic issues and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color applied to your interior will also modernize your home.
What is the least active time of year for painters?
A major selling point to scheduling within the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing projects, so painting professionals have more open spots in their schedules.
Therefore, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they typically do in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
How long is the right interval for repainting the outer walls of a house?
Cracked and chipped paint are some obvious things to keep an eye on, but there are also some less evident things that can cause problems too. Painting an exterior is a pretty big project, so it's always a good idea to book expert painters.
Since every property is different, there is no set deadline to apply another coat, which makes this more difficult for people. A lot of professionals say that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years. This will be determined by factors like where you're located, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
If you've just purchased a new home, you might not have information when it was last painted. It's highly advisable to try and find out, because having detailed information about the paint job will make a big difference. The type of paint used, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all impact its lifespan. It's also helpful to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the home was painted on a bright or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dried.
What are the services of a residential painter?
Here are examples of what an expert painter will assist with:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to identify the ideal colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. This can save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your vetted painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter knows this and can handle the prep stage before painting commences.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painting service prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they discover things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages need to be fixed before painting can start, of course. Your service might then recommend trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Professional painters are proficient at performing such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When hiring a vetted painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned the home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Dependable Residential Painters Serving in Bixby, OK
When you're looking for a reliable house painter in Bixby, OK, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a smart way to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that delivers a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted house can enhance your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or offer great suggestions about different paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors will even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and interior of your house also provides several practical benefits for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a range of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use site that compiles all the relevant information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of vetted painters in Bixby, OK and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly message expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who will deliver the quality and value you need.