Find a pro in Broken Bow, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Oklahoma // Broken Bow
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Broken Bow, Oklahoma
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Broken Bow, Oklahoma. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.