Find a pro in Catoosa, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Catoosa, Oklahoma
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Catoosa, Oklahoma. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.