Find a Pro in Chandler, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What array of services will a residential painter carry out?
Here is what a professional painter can help with:
- Select Colors: When struggling to select the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. This can save you time, and you can count on the experience of your certified professional.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and can handle this prep work before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painter prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they notice anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas must be addressed before the project can begin, of course. Your painter might then direct you towards reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they will handle it themselves.
- Conduct Repairs: Expert painters are proficient at conducting such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When enlisting a professional painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, checked for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What do painters usually charge by the hour?
The average painting contractor's cost of labor varies between $22-$43 an hour, and that doesn't include taxes or overhead.
Keep in mind that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting specialist per hour. Accordingly, that price does not include the cost of insurance, tax, equipment, or the paint itself.
Is interior painting a good idea?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Value of Your Home: A professional paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your property. Interior painting can also help sell a residence that's on the market faster, even above its asking price. Even if you are not considering selling your residence in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the best returns when factoring in the effect on property value and appeal.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly way to update your home, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. If you haven't painted your interior in the past few years and have poor colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at ease. Also, growing numbers of people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which color scheme you choose, the right paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted protects your residence now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are made of materials which naturally absorb moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture can lead to compromised walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Water behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health concerns. Paint is designed to seal out water from getting through the porous walls of your property.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints these days are manufactured with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great option for your household. A new application of paint also keeps dust and other toxins to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Great: Most houses contain flaws and blemishes. Walls often obtain scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your residence over the years. Getting your home's interior painted covers all cosmetic issues and can make your home look updated and clean. A new coat of paint put on by a vetted contractor will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
When do painters receive the slowest business season?
A major benefit about booking during the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing projects, so painting contractors have the availability.
As a result, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they typically charge in busier times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are booked around the clock for months on end.
Find a Qualified Residential Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces in in Chandler, Oklahoma
When you want a good residential painter near Chandler, Oklahoma, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your home is an excellent option to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that delivers a good ROI in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted home can improve your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or make great recommendations about different paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors can even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your residence also features several practical benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a sealant to secure surfaces from a host of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing function of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will refresh the appearance of your house inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that compiles all the necessary information to help you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of vetted painters in Chandler, Oklahoma and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly communicate with professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who can deliver the quality services you deserve.