Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Drumright, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Oklahoma // Drumright
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How regularly should cabinets be refinished
One of the great advantages about wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make furniture look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the strength of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the service must be repeated depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing job can last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit waste by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a large variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to enhance your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets may already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your home in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
People in Drumright, Oklahoma have detailed spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
Should I be on the hunt for any particular certifications or qualifications when selecting a cabinet refinishing contractor?
While there may not be industry-mandated certifications designed for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are certain qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can refer to when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will prominently display their background in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You should ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially featuring results that look like the style you're trying to achieve. Other than a picture gallery, most professional contractors will highlight their experience and dependability through online client reviews.
A reliable professional will provide a detailed written estimate of the job before it starts, outlining the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should have good communication skills and a readiness to answer all of your questions and concerns regarding budget, time, and craftsmanship throughout the refinishing project. You should also inquire for warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another factor that can show they have confidence in the quality of their craftsmanship.
What steps are involved when a contractor refinishes cabinets?
An expert working on your cabinet refinishing job will follow an established process for speed and excellent results. There are typically several steps taken to transform the appearance of existing cabinets, including:
- Assessment and Prepping: Cabinets are first inspected to make sure they are in proper condition for refinishing. If they are, all hardware will be taken off, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces need to be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some minor issues, such as scratches, dings, or similar blemishes in the wood will be repaired or filled before being blended in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing method will be applied in smooth, even coats to achieve the style you've envisioned. The drying and curing step will be crucial to ensuring a professional outcome, and may need a few hours to complete.
- Reassembly: After your paint or stain has dried, all parts will be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. Performing a quality inspection will make sure the final results satisfies your standards, which includes a last cleanup of the complete work area.
It's important to note that every refinishing project will vary based on things such as the model of cabinets and the desired finish. Furthermore, contractors may perform detailed techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific aesthetic results, which could require a longer process with more steps. Make sure to speak directly with anyone you hire to guarantee they have the skill to bring your vision to life.
Hire The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Drumright, Oklahoma
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to beautify the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and several homeowners in Drumright, Oklahoma have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more homeowners are starting to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood products.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less disruptive to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Drumright, Oklahoma with confidence.