Find a Pro in Edmond, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearPainting // Oklahoma // Edmond
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are some advantages of choosing interior painting?
The short answer is yes, and there are other valuable advantages to be had from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Value of Your Home: A good paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. Interior painting will also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even over listing price. Even if you are not contemplating listing your home in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement investment with one of the highest returns when factoring in the impact on property value and appeal.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical project to update your residence, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. If you have not painted your interior in the past few years and have older colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, growing numbers of residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what option you select, a new paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted protects your house now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are made of components that easily absorb moisture. Eventually, enough absorption will result in compromised walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Moisture within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health issues. Paint enables you to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your home.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints currently are produced with low or zero VOCs. In case you or your family have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the ideal option for your home. A new application of paint also keeps dirt and other pollutants to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Great: All residences contain flaws and imperfections. Walls often obtain scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your home over the years. Having your house's interior painted covers all cosmetic issues and will make your room look updated and clean. A fresh coat of paint put on by a vetted painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
What's the period of lowest demand for painters?
One of the biggest selling points about hiring within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
Accordingly, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they normally charge in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
What is the right schedule for repainting the exterior of a home?
There are a few glaring signs to look out for, such as chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less evident things that can create issues too. Painting an exterior is a pretty extensive project, so it's always a good idea to book professional painters.
Unfortunately, there is no set timeframe to repaint, because every house differs from the other. Most professionals say that you'll need to paint approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by factors like where you live, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
After buying a new home, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's highly advisable to try and find out, because possessing in-depth information about the paint job will make a big difference. The variety of paint used, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color selected can all impact its lifespan. It may be beneficial to know the time of year in which it was painted, because whether your house was painted on a bright or cloudy day can change how well the paint dries.
What services fall under the domain of a residential painter?
Some of the functions a vetted painter usually conducts include:
- Select Colors: In case you're struggling to find the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can count on the experience of your vetted expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and can take care of this prep work before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painting service prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they find anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues must be fixed before painting can begin, of course. Your professional might then suggest other trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: The best painting contractors are proficient at conducting such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When employing a vetted painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Discover a Qualified Residential Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces Near Near Edmond, OK
When you're searching for a good house painter near Edmond, OK, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your house is a great option to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that delivers a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted house can elevate your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or offer excellent suggestions about different paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors will even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your home also gives many useful advantages for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a variety of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a professional paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use platform that organizes all the important information to help you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of reputable painters in Edmond, OK and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also enables you to directly communicate with professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for the pro who will deliver the quality services you deserve.