Find a pro in Felt, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Oklahoma // Felt
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Felt, OK
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Felt, OK. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.