Find a pro in Fletcher, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Fletcher, OK. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Oklahoma // Fletcher
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Fletcher, OK
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Fletcher, OK. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.