Find a pro in Glencoe, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Oklahoma // Glencoe
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Glencoe, Oklahoma
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Glencoe, Oklahoma. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.