Find a Cabinet Painter in Guymon, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Oklahoma // Guymon
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there any difference with cabinet paint and regular paint?
An often asked question pertains to the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint typically used for home walls will encounter many challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them their sleek appearance. Typical wall paints may not adhere sufficiently to cabinets and can start to chip and flake away prematurely. The kind of paint professionals utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs longer time to dry and cure than those generally applied to walls.
Is it difficult to find a good cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to uncover the perfect one for your needs and style takes a substantial amount of consideration. The best place to focus on is by understanding exactly what look you want to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see a sample of their prior work matching what you're looking for beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and ability. Professional contractors would be pleased to accommodate this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a defined budget worked out while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate largely. Check that any contractor you hire gives documentation of all equipment and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication during the project about it's expected completion. What you don't need is for any surprises to pop up once the project has started that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's dependability by checking their online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from past customers for view online, and these are also a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and within budget.
Is it really crucial to prime or sand cabinets before painting?
It's always tempting to immediately start painting and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming project when attempting it on your own, but a professional will quickly and effectively bring your vision to life beginning with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that all dirt or grime are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning stage is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and their gear, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products today which professionals use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also penetrate to any nooks and crannies that are exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in many cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the current paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only peel away and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
What factors are considered when it comes to establishing price of painting cabinets?
There are several factors that affect the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Guymon, OK, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's recommended to first seek out quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters could charge you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: The painter will need to recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints utilized with cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with a gallon usually being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the project completed.
You'll need to talk about your home's particular cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Hire a Cabinet Painting Contractor in Guymon, OK to Bring Your Vision to Life
A smart way to enhance the value of your home and refresh the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a more affordable option over expensive replacements that also requires less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and give them an updated look that will suit your current style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painter around Guymon, OK fluctuates, but many customers have reported spending less than a third on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, aspects like the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painting contractors to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the world when you decide to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing process of wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your current cabinets could be in fair enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While hunting for the perfect cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and needs, you should look at their customer reviews, portfolio of past work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A dependable painter will be willing to show you a history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you understand exactly what to expect when the job is finished. Locate all the information needed to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Guymon, OK confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.