Find a pro in Hulbert, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Hulbert, Oklahoma. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Hulbert, Oklahoma
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hulbert, Oklahoma. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to hire the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.