Find a pro in Jenks, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Jenks, OK
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Jenks, OK, there's no better way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.